Skip to content
Home » How do I get my child involved?

How do I get my child involved?

Does your child need physical, occupational, or speech therapy? Want to get them involved in our program? Lost as to where to start?

We are here to help you!

  1. Talk to your pediatrician. 

Discuss your concerns with your pediatrician about your child’s delays. Together, you and your provider will discuss if physical, occupational, or speech therapy is appropriate for your child and make a referral as necessary. 

All referrals must be for PT, OT, or Speech Therapy and must come from a Florida-based pediatrician or primary care provider. We do not offer equine therapy or therapeutic riding. We offer PT, OT, and speech and have hippotherapy as an available treatment tool. Please contact us if you or your physician have any concerns regarding the referral process. 

2. Once we receive your child’s referral, we will contact you regarding scheduling an appointment for an initial evaluation

Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy start with an initial evaluation, where the therapist administers evidence-based assessments and determines if your child demonstrates delays or developmental differences that warrant therapy services. During this time, your therapist will also discuss the opportunity to use hippotherapy as a tool in their therapy and if it is appropriate for your child.

3. Following your initial assessment, our team will work hard to get your child in for therapy services starting ASAP. Please expect at least 2 weeks following your assessment for therapy services to begin for administrative purposes.

4. Enjoy all the fun and therapeutic benefits our therapists have to offer!

We love serving your children and your families at HorsePlay Therapy Center!

If you are a veteran and interested in our RiseUp for Veterans program, the process is a little different. Please contact us directly at [email protected] or by phone: 904-315-8525.